In 1218 a house called „Wildbachhäusl“ was located at the spot where Hotel Elisabethpark is today. Later it had been known as „Prälatur“ because a Prälat (senior chaplain) visited this house regularly to benefit from the healing powers of the water in Gastein.

Afterwards an Italian Earl bought the building and reconstructed it in a grandious summer residence. Ownership passed to another aristocratic family until finally Aloys Windischbauer bought the residence. In 1882 he built the bath- and SPA hotel Elisabethpark, the major house. His granddaughter married the master-builder Franzmaier, whose artistry helped to made hotel Elisabethpark of present-day into one of the most luxurious tourist establishments in Bad Gastein.

The private park behind the building gave the hotel the name „Elisabethpark“.

In those days only fango packs and thermal water tubs were offered, around 100 to 130 thermal tubs per day.
In the years 1965 - 1967 a thermal swimming pool was built. The building phase lasted 2 years because of the concerts in Merangarden. This swimming pool was the first throughout Bad Gastein. The Felsentherme had been constructed in 1968 and thereafter many other hotels began to put up their own thermal swimming pools.

The radon bath is only possible with a doctor`s prescription, which is why all swimming pools are without radon. We recommend a bathing time of ca 20 minutes due to the mineral content of the thermal water.

After the swimming pool was built, saunas and inhalation premises were added. Sauna runs were only available for particular persons and had to be appointed previously.

Hotel Elisabethpark was once one of the 100 “Leading Hotels of the World”.

To claim this standard and to meet the requirements of our international clients the hotel was completely renovated during 2 months closing time in the spring of 2008.

Weather in Bad Gastein

4 day forecast